General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Hard to Start

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 09:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard to Start

This morning I took my car to school but I needed gas. I go to the gas station and they tell me to turn my engine off. I fill up and then I go to turn the car on, and everything turns over but the engine won't fire up.I fired it back up by giving it gas while turning the key. So 2 questions, I'm in school now, so when I go to my car if I hold the gas pedal down will my car atleast start up? And also it looks like my coolant sensor is broken could that be it? The car had been on ramps for 4 days on low gas so could that have contributed?
Old 03-16-2016, 04:57 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Coolant TEMP sensor....or....Coolant LEVEL sensor....?

Temp sensor in the drivers side head can cause problems if its broken or unplugged.

Level sensor in the radiator is meaningless.

On ramps with low gas doesn't mean anything. If you drove to the station the gas was running through the system normally. Might have been a little vapor lock at the station, who knows. See what happens later....should be fine.

Old 03-20-2016, 04:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS6427
Coolant TEMP sensor....or....Coolant LEVEL sensor....?

Temp sensor in the drivers side head can cause problems if its broken or unplugged.

Level sensor in the radiator is meaningless.

On ramps with low gas doesn't mean anything. If you drove to the station the gas was running through the system normally. Might have been a little vapor lock at the station, who knows. See what happens later....should be fine.

It was coolant temp, once that was fixed the car ran with no problems

Quick Reply: Hard to Start