General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Visor suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 07:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Default Visor suggestions

The issue I have is that when I accelerate, only the driver side visor easily rotates back and konks me on the forehead. When I brake, it rotates forward and hits the windshield. It doesn't hurt anything, but it is an annoyance I'd like to remedy.

The passenger side visor fell out months ago and I did the repair found elsewhere here. The driver side visor has never fallen out, but in an attempt to fix this issue, I did the same repair as the passenger side but there wasn't any change in behavior.

I know there are options to eliminate the visors altogether, but I use mine to secure a windshield shade. I need a windshield shade because I live in Florida and have to park in the sun pretty much everywhere I go. I don't want to replace another cracked dash pad and I want to minimize the heat rise in the car while it is parked.

Suggestions are appreciated
Old 05-26-2016, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by JimMueller
The issue I have is that when I accelerate, only the driver side visor easily rotates back and konks me on the forehead. When I brake, it rotates forward and hits the windshield. It doesn't hurt anything, but it is an annoyance I'd like to remedy.

The passenger side visor fell out months ago and I did the repair found elsewhere here. The driver side visor has never fallen out, but in an attempt to fix this issue, I did the same repair as the passenger side but there wasn't any change in behavior.

I know there are options to eliminate the visors altogether, but I use mine to secure a windshield shade. I need a windshield shade because I live in Florida and have to park in the sun pretty much everywhere I go. I don't want to replace another cracked dash pad and I want to minimize the heat rise in the car while it is parked.

Suggestions are appreciated

Jacksonville Florida here. I removed my visors and use a windshield sun shade. Doesn't work to prevent dash cracking but it keeps the interior somewhat cooler than it would without it.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

How do you keep the top of the windshield sunshade near the top of the headliner if you don't have visors to flip down to hold it in place? Any photos?
Old 05-27-2016, 07:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I just put it between the headliner and windshield and it stays up

Quick Reply: Visor suggestions