General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Tune up error(solved)

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 05:22 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,795 Likes on 1,279 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I'd continue looking at the plugs and wires to start, assuming everything was perfect before the change and then the issues started immediately after.

Verify that the wires are all fully seated, on both ends.

Did you drop any of the plugs during install? They can crack from impact, or from stress if not fully seated in the socket while tightening.

If there are no codes then it's not a serious misfire, but it sounds like a misfire nonetheless.

I knew that the AC Delco iridiums carried a recommendation for an .040 gap, but I wasn't aware that this also applied to the current AC Delco platinums. I have used the iridiums in the past with the preset .040 gap with zero issues in an LS1.

Regardless, it doesn't sound like the .040 gap is the issue here, based on your description of the problems. I suspect a plug or wire defect/failure or wire not making full contact.
Old 01-01-2017, 11:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I changed the plugs again today for the ngks but before that I was able to get a cel resulting in cylinder 2 misfire, it happened last night while on the phone with gbrooks91(1200 miles away! Thanks for the support) and again this morning. When I took the wire off #2 coil the part on the plug seemed to pop off, I'm thinking the wire must not have snapped on but on the recheck they all seemed fine. I believe this was install error and admit to my mistake but it's running great again. Thanks for the support!!!!!

Quick Reply: Tune up error(solved)