General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Engine ligt flashing

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 07:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Engine ligt flashing

I have a 02 V6 firebird on my way to work today my engine light came on and started flashing when the road inclines. running on level ground 55-70 mph its fine and no light, slight hill incline the engine light comes on again and starts flashing, loss of power and hesitation. light goes off again after incline when the road levels out.
Could this be my fuel pump or something else? Has oil at right level. Car has 105K miles. Not sure when the last tune up was?

Any suggestions. Thanks
Old 01-04-2017, 01:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 132 Likes on 91 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

If I'm not mistaken, that means ignition mis-fire. I'm assuming you're not the original owner; the stock spark plugs are good to 100k. I would pull the codes. Autozone does it for free. Or at least I've heard that they do ... I have my own scanner.
Old 01-04-2017, 09:27 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 95TAGary
I have a 02 V6 firebird on my way to work today my engine light came on and started flashing when the road inclines. running on level ground 55-70 mph its fine and no light, slight hill incline the engine light comes on again and starts flashing, loss of power and hesitation. light goes off again after incline when the road levels out.
Could this be my fuel pump or something else? Has oil at right level. Car has 105K miles. Not sure when the last tune up was?

Any suggestions. Thanks
It means "multiple" misfires.....so bad gas could certainly be the issue. Run it all out and refill before spending any money chasing things. Low fuel pressure can also be the problem, but generally the pumps just fail.

Quick Reply: Engine ligt flashing