General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

problems starting

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 05:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need tech help please!!!!

alright heres the case im running into.....any help/ideas are welcome....alright ive got a 95 lt1 A4 swap into a 95 s10......lt1350.com spliced my wiring harnesses together....just put on a new optispark and it ran great for the first two days then i shut it off and it wont start back up.....so i waited for the motor to cool and it started right back up ran for about 10 min or so then shut it off and now it wont start at all....i have fuel and the injectors are spraying....spark plugs are also brand new....my ? is what could be causeing this????
Old 02-25-2005, 07:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Few questions:

Do you have an SES light? Might be a good time to scan for codes. (Edit -- duh, motor swap. Do you still have the ALDL port in the wiring harness?)

Does the motor turn over when you turn the key? Or is it just completely dead?

Does this only happen with the motor warmed up? I would tend to lean towards an ignition problem. Sometimes the ignition control module / coil start to screw up once they get hot. But, it could just as well be a wiring problem -- did you check for any burnt wires (around exhaust and whatnot)?

I'll let someone else step in...
Old 02-25-2005, 07:28 PM
Staging Lane

i also replaced to ignition module to no avail.....it still turns over just does not crank
Old 02-26-2005, 10:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 240 Likes on 170 Posts

I agree w/ Alex, ALDL= scan