General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

fluttering noise in passenger air vent

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 04:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default fluttering noise in passenger air vent

i've looked under the bonnet to see if leaves were trapped there & pulled out the dash to see if wires were loose! this only started when i started the car at the weekend, it goes away when the vents are turned off! is there a seperate fan that runs the passenger side vents! this is really startin to bug me it's pretty loud! sounds like someones shoved an empty crisp packet down there!
Old 04-18-2006, 05:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No separate fan - have you pulled the motor/fan and looked inside the blower box under the passenger side dash? Maybe that's what you mean by bonnet? I've had small leaves in mine before. Disconnect the plug to the fan, remove 3 screws and the whole motor/fan pulls right out. If you don't see anything there might have something stuck in between the box and the outlet vent.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry meant hood!but i'll definitly try that!
Thanks
Old 04-19-2006, 11:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2001NBMZ28
No separate fan - have you pulled the motor/fan and looked inside the blower box under the passenger side dash? Maybe that's what you mean by bonnet? I've had small leaves in mine before. Disconnect the plug to the fan, remove 3 screws and the whole motor/fan pulls right out. If you don't see anything there might have something stuck in between the box and the outlet vent.
Yea i've had leaves in mine also...sounds like a card in a kids bike spokes and is annoying as hell. Really easy and fast fix though just like 2001NBMZ28 said
Old 09-23-2006, 11:57 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Think this is my problem aswell, can someone elaborate as to what exactly it is I need to do to fix this?

Thanks
Chris
Old 09-24-2006, 04:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just pull the connector on the fan, remove the three screws, look inside, pull out any debris - sounds harder than it is.

Quick Reply: fluttering noise in passenger air vent