General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

DRL Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 12:55 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DRL Question

My front passenger side daytime running light on my 99 t/a keeps burning out very quickly and I think I need to replace the socket. Is there anyway to prevent them from burning out without replacing the light socket? If I have to change it where can I get my hands on one?
Old 06-09-2006, 01:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's burning out quickly b/c moisture is getting in. Take the lense out and seal the edges up with some clear silicone. Should solve your problems.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:08 PM
TECH Regular

Well the bulb socket is definitely all nasty and crudded up on the inside. I cleaned it out as well as possible and installed a new bulb. It lasted a max of 5 days till it stopped working.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1BlackBird99
Well the bulb socket is definitely all nasty and crudded up on the inside. I cleaned it out as well as possible and installed a new bulb. It lasted a max of 5 days till it stopped working.
I know exactly what you mean. Pull the DRL and use some silicone as previously mentioned. Also make sure you have the black ring gasket that is inbetween the DRL housing and the socket. Good luck, GM with their DRLs suck