General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Phantom starting problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 01:11 AM
In Need of Cup Holders!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phantom starting problem

Ever since I owned my car, it started up fine. More than year. Then one day, the car just would not start. No crank, no nothing. Just a blinking security light.

I figured it was the VATS and started to try to get to the bottom of the problem. This went on for one or two VERY frustrating weeks of having my car run my life. If that damn security light started blinking, it owned me for at least 5 minutes until I could try again. And hope it went. When it did start, it fired right up, no hesitation.

Then about 2 days ago, the car fired up right away, no issues. I counted my lucky stars and went along my way. But it happened all that day, then the next, and now today. Starting without any problems on the first try, no issues whatsoever.

So what the hell is going on? I dont want to mess with something that isnt broke at the moment, but this is very confusing.

I actually dont even wont to post this. I dont want to upset the car. Its very volitle. Please dont tell it.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try a different key or try cleaning the one your using with alcohol.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:05 PM
TECH Apprentice