General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car is in the shop... ghost!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 12:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Car is in the shop... ghost!

Well My car wouldn't start all last weekend, fuel was at 1/2 tank, would make noise like it was going to start (not the battery) but wouldn't start, towed it to the dealership on monday, and it started fine, no problems, only thing that it threw was a possible mass air flow, problem would happen mostly when car was hot, it would sometimes die out of nowhere then when i left it alone for like 5 minutes (stuck on the side of the road) it would start, well dealership couldn't reproduce the problem car kept starting fine till wednesday, when they took it out and it died on them, then the car threw a bunch of codes, the dealership at first when it wouldn't start thought it was the fuel pump, now they think it might be something electrical, now it's thursday and I still haven't heard from them, it's a chevy dealer *closest to my house* ill give them a call in a bit...

any suggestions? their taking forever to "diagnose" the problem, I have a warranty so it's not much the cost, more than just the time it's taking them to fix it, and im stuck with no car, car has 100k miles
Old 06-16-2006, 02:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bad or intermittent ground? Roasted PCM, maybe?
Old 06-19-2006, 08:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually went through the same thing about a year ago, It actually was when the fuel pump would heat up it would stop working, So it stumped me forever, When I would check it, It was always cool and seemed to be working fine. It never got to where it would not start like that but I would say that is where mine was headed, My 2cents anyway,

Last edited by HMAN; 06-19-2006 at 08:59 AM.