General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Vette wont start when Warmed up

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 06:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vette wont start when Warmed up

Hello I thought maybe you guys could shed some light on a problem me and my girlfriends father have been having with his vette. It is a 1989 Vette with tune port and has 36k on it. The car wont start when its warmed up, maybe in closed loop?, the injectors wont open because when he cranks you cant feel the tick if you hold your finger on them, I will fire if you spray staring fluid down the intake but wont run. The fuel pressure is good because we confirmed it with the gauge. If you let the car cool back down it will fire right back up and run until you shut it off, but wont start back up. Also sometimes the car surges a little and I found if you unplugged the tps sensor it smoothed right out, I don’t know if that’s related.

So I guess my question is what is causing the injectors to work during starting when its warmed up? Thanks
Old 06-25-2006, 07:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ur computer is the only thing that would be controlling the injection, somethings wrong with ur tune....have any codes?
Old 06-25-2006, 08:52 PM
On The Tree

I think its the starter. When my 3rd gen was warmed up it would not start, just crank and crank....but when cooled down (like at a gas station after 15 min), started NO problem. The starter's bushings inside have worn out and would seperate when hot.......(mechanic said something like that).
Not sure what you mean by the injectors, but my guess its the starter.
Old 06-25-2006, 09:11 PM
12 Second Club

It cant be the starter because the engine still cranks fine it just wont fire. The car has never been tuned, its all stock. Any their is no codes.