General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Electrical issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 03:18 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical issue

Im not quite sure what section to post this in so bear with me. I recently just removed my engine for extensive work to it and put it back in last week. i have not fired it up yet, im still connecting ****. Everything important is plugged in. With the fuel disconnected, I connected the battery and cranked the engine to make sure it spun, and to prime the oil system. after i did this, i turned the key to off and pulled the key out, and all the lights and dash lights stayed on. The power seems to stay on after key is out and the only way to turn it off is to pull the battery cable off. Has anyone ever heard of anything like this or can anyone give me some insight as to where to look?? I do have a remote start unit in the car, thats all i could think of, but I hit the brake and it still doesnt turn off..............
Old 07-05-2006, 12:32 PM
Banned

t t t
Old 07-05-2006, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

grounds on the back of the head back on? one of those is for the pcm, might be your issue
Old 07-06-2006, 10:13 AM
Banned

finally, somone has contributed something useful!! i knew those might be neccessary and completly forgot about them until it was all back together, was hopin they were just for soemthing uneccesary......... i know theres a couple on each head, do you know what they all are for?? also.... the ground strap in the front by the alternator, one end bolts to the frame, where does the other end bolt to??? Thank you so much
Old 07-12-2006, 03:13 PM
Teching In

your a beauty brad