General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

84 olds cutlass ciera HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 11:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 84 olds cutlass ciera HELP!

I have a mint 84 oldsmobile cutlass ciera 3.0 V6 with 114,000 miles. I got from a friend to use as a beater car and just did a tune up on it. I decided to take it to work today and drove about 3 miles and i camw to a stop and when i went to go it just died. i put it in park restarted it and it started fine but go to put it in drive and it keeps stallin. it started fine later that nite and i got her home but i have no clue what was wrong. it started fine but as soon as i put it in drive it died. HELP I NEED MY BEATER!
Old 07-12-2006, 11:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default almost fixed it.

i was talking to a guy who works at a automotive store and he said it was the ignition module ($40 part) so i bought it and put it in. The car ran great for a whole day and that nite it did it again. it will only happen when i'm almost at a complete stop and it wants to shut off. if it does shut off it will start fine but as soon as i put it in rev. or drive it dies! i try to restart it like 12 times and then it drove fine and i got her home, i just couldnt come to a complete stop or it would die! WTF!