General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Strange grinding noise help me out

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 07:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange grinding noise help me out

Story goes like this...I was out eating and when I got back out to my car, I hit the unlock button on the keyfob, and a strange grinding noise came from the front of my car and the headlights flipped up and down. I started the car, everything was fine. Got home pushed the unlock button again and the same grinding noise and headlights up and down.

Any help here? whats wrong and how can I fix it?

Thanks

Steph
Old 07-24-2006, 07:55 PM
TECH Addict

Oh yeah i remember when that happened to me. Its the gear in your factory headlight motors getting eaten away. Now everytime you hit the unlock/lock button or you turn your healights off its going to grind away for about 5 seconds. There are a few ways to fix this problem.
1. Buy the brass gear, which i did yet this to gotten eaten away. Now i drive around with only one headlight at night.
2. Another is find the write up on taking the headlight motor cover off and spinning the gear 180 degrees and using the other half of the gear, thats not used.
3. Which will definetly fix it, which i am going to do from now on. Just buy another headlight motor and be done with it.
-Joel
Old 07-24-2006, 07:59 PM
Teching In

Hey thanks alot for your help.