General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Help...manifold Install Totally Wrong

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 05:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help...manifold Install Totally Wrong

i posted this in another section BUT i need as much input as possible....i just put my ls6 manifold back on, and everything is screwed up....i drove my car home from my friends house and the alt wasnt charging, cars dead now at home...oil pressure sensor is at 0, although i know its pumping oil...the sensors plugged in, just not reading....the cruise control is jacked up and wont close the throttle all the way, and it idled at 3k rpms until we jammed a screw driver down into the cruise control gears, so it couldnt rotate anymore....DONT KNOW what the hell went on with the cruise control....thats one of the biggest problems, aside from the alt. not charging...besides all that, my car with the better ported tb and the ls6 back on is a good bit quicker...all the wires are hooked up, so please dont give that as a answer....BUT I NEED HELP
Old 08-26-2006, 08:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ttt...
Old 08-27-2006, 09:23 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you may have messed up a ground. There are 3 grounds wires on two different bolts on the back of the dr side head. then a big copper wire by the alternator and another one by the starter.