General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Still wont idle right.

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 09:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still wont idle right.

Well I've been having trouble with my car idling right for a few months now. It's also getting really crappy gas mileage. My last tank only took me 130 miles. It use to go at least 300 even with me hot rodding it. I've tried cleaning the MAF, I even checked over it and found a massive vacum leak due to the last owner changing the plugs and leaving out the bolt for the passenger side AIR tube. It still wont run right and it is getting horrible mileage. Any ideas? I was thinking the o2's are bad but I really dont wanna spend the money if thats not it. It did throw a code about 6 months ago when I bought it but I never really looked into it. Would that still show if I had it scanned? If it was a bad o2 would the SES light go off after a while? Is htere anyway to test the o2's without spending any money? Anything else I should look for or test? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it threw that code, but then the SES light went off, the code should be stored, so long as you didn't delete it with a scanner. As far as the SES going on and off with bad O2's, it could happen. I have an SLP MAF on my car, and it trips the "System too lean" code from time to time, then goes off. Go to Autozone and have em scan your OBDII port. even if you don't discover anything, at least you're not out any money.