General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Info for buyer

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 12:57 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info for buyer

Have a buyer looking at my car, however he is a little concerned with the clunks and rattles of an F-Body with mods.... I'll list the "noisy" mods:

SPEC stage 4 clutch (3000miles)
Moser 12 bolt (7000miles) w/4.10s 33 spline
Spohn floorpan mounted torque arm
BMR lower control arms
Hooker coated long tube headers
Hooker cat back w/electric cutout
Polyurethane trans mount

Sounds as if he is concerned that the car is falling apart Everything was installed by pros. The torque arm is the biggest culprit of thunks and bumps. Shoot him some UNBIASED reasoning on it. If you think the car should be quiet with these mods, let him know. Everything is tight and well maintained. Thanks guys!
Old 12-21-2006, 06:25 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If he is concerned about noises dont buy an Fbody, especially a modded one. My bone stocker with 31k has wind noise and a sqweaky passanger side LCA and thats bout it so far but once my Moser goes in I expect to hear the gear whine that I had when it was in my Camaro.

A modded car will have noise. Just dont let him knock you down for $$$ because of those issues.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:01 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
If he is concerned about noises dont buy an Fbody, especially a modded one. My bone stocker with 31k has wind noise and a sqweaky passanger side LCA and thats bout it so far but once my Moser goes in I expect to hear the gear whine that I had when it was in my Camaro.

A modded car will have noise. Just dont let him knock you down for $$$ because of those issues.
Also should mention he is coming from a BMW 325CI (but HAS owned a Cobra Mustang)
Old 12-21-2006, 05:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well I will vouch that the SPEC stage 4 will add some vibration/rattle when engaging for sure.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:36 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by gnomee
Well I will vouch that the SPEC stage 4 will add some vibration/rattle when engaging for sure.
LOL... yeah... I thought something was wrong with the car at first. But if you want a fast car, there's a price to pay...

Honestly just started to build the car to handle the horsepower I inevitably wanted to feed it... but ran out of time and money. Personally though, I bought quality parts. Didn't go out and buy cheapy stuff just to get the job done.

I reallllllly don't want to get rid of this car. Unfortunatly, (well.. in some aspects), am planning on getting married soon. Therefore, need something more practical for that. I am not trying to hide anything. I run this car all out. But it is well maintained to handle it. Never been to the track *though the new buyer should send me slips when he does*.... Curious... Only messed around with friends on the street to the speed limit or slightly passed.....