General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Bipolar Headlight?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 04:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bipolar Headlight?

Ok so here's the deal. First of all, I have a '99 V6 Firebird (not the trans-am) if that makes any difference. ANYWAY my pass. side Headlight went out. No big deal, right? So I took it to the auto shop down my street and asked for them to replace the bulb and get an oil change. When I went to pick it up, they did the oil change but said they didn't replace the bulb because it wasn't one of the kinds they carry or some **** like that. So I was just gonna buy one and install it myself. BUT, when I tried to turn on the headlights, only the driver's side lamps went up. Now I'm pretty sure the problem isn't electric, because the pass. side lamp tries to go up and makes it about 3/4 of an inch, but stops. Here's the screwy part. The next day (yesterday) I tried to flip them up to show my gf how they broke it, and it went up. So I thought "SWEET!" and they worked throughout the day. Come that night, however, they went back to deciding to only open 3/4 of an inch again. Any thoughts on my indecisive headlights?
Old 02-19-2007, 04:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

they have a mind of their own. I would replace the gears with the brass ones.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:29 PM
Teching In

Hey thanks for the input. Upon further inspection, I found that the lazy-*** workers at the shop (the one that I'm NOT going to anymore) took the headlight off thinking they could replace it, and when they found out they couldn't and put the old light on again, they decided "Oh man, my wrists are too tired to screw anything" so they just popped the light in there, not adjusting the light angle. Turns out the light was aiming about 15 degrees down and 9 degrees to the right. I got it fixed and am installing a new light MYSELF tomorrow.