General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Hit a curb

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 09:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hit a curb

Hey guys need a little advice. I have a 98 Camaro Z28. Last night I was making a U-turn and when I came out of the turn my car fish tailed. I tried to correct the turn and then my car fish tailed the opposite way. I ran my passenger side wheel up onto a curb. No visible damage can be seen but now when I drive my steering wheel is leaning to the left by about 20 degrees. In a straight line my car drives perfectly straight without my hands on it. No noises, no vibrations, just my steering wheel is off center. I jacked it up and cant see anything bent or leaking. Any ideas whats going on here. Is it just an alignment or did I mess something up in my gear box. I hit the curb at probably about 10-15mph.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, sounds like alignment to me but thats pretty sttrange that it drives straight with no hands...
Old 03-05-2007, 09:45 AM
11 Second Club

go get an alignment, that should fix the problem, they will strighten the wheel out for you man.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:13 AM
Teching In

hopefully its just an alignment, i slid into a curb one rainy night in my Z28 and ended up with a bent lower control arm. check measurements in the wheel wells to see if both tires are in the same position. And it doesnt take much force to bend the control arm either.