General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Front Seat Belt Bolts

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 05:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Front Seat Belt Bolts

I know this might be a dumb question but I'm trying to help my friend who is down at school so I'm not sure what exactly what everything looks like. Just been doing searches here on the forum. What I guess I need to know is after you get the plastic cover off to see the bolt what would you recommend for taking the bolt off. I'm assuming a ratchet with the appropriate socket. But like what size ratchet you thinking? Half, Three-eights, Quarter? Other thing is after he gets it taken off and going to put it back on what would be the proper torque specs for putting it back on? With it being the seatbelt that is something you don't want to not tighten down enough, especially since I ride in that car, ha. I also assume you probably want to throw some lock tight on the threads of the bolt. Worse case I tell him to take it somewhere to get it taken care of. But even he does that I'm still curious of the proper torque specs for the bolt of the seat belt. This is for a 1995 Camaro but I'm sure it's all the same from 93-02.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:54 PM
Teching In

Well I got the information from a local forum but I figured I post the answer to this so maybe someone else who searching for this info can find the answer. You'll need a T50 TORX socket and the GM Service Manual says the spec on that bolt is 31lb.ft
Old 05-02-2007, 02:51 PM
Teching In

Yea you got it. although it may be benificial to note those things seem to always get siezed in there and are a son of a gun to get out. WD-40 is your friend.

Quick Reply: Front Seat Belt Bolts