General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Replacement wiper motor issue?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 02:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement wiper motor issue?

I replaced my wiper motor, and finally got the arms adjusted so that they "park" in the proper position. The problem is that in intermittent mode they go down to the proper position, but reverse back up a few inches before pausing. Same thing happens when I switch them off from regular or intermittent they go down reverse back up then go down and park. Is there something I can do or is there an internal problem with the motor? Thanks
Old 05-07-2007, 11:39 PM
Staging Lane

anyone?
Old 05-08-2007, 01:49 AM

In my situation a week ago, I am driving my Dads car as of now, the wiper don't work on intermediate, or low, only on high. And when I turn them off, they don't return to the down position unless you turn them off.
...So, what I did is, my Jeep windshield wiper motors were working ONLY on high.... I changed the "governer", no fix. I changed the motor and they work beautifully now. Hope you get yours fixed soon.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

my wipers move the normal range in all functions, but when they go to park, or between intermittent wipes, they pause halfway up. basically same thign your'e experiencing. did you ever fix your problem?

Last edited by burningsquirrels; 11-05-2007 at 08:21 PM.