General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Headlight motor

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight motor

My drivers side headlight motor just stopped working all the sudden today. It doesn't make any type of grinding sound like the gears are messed up. I was thinking it might be an electrical connection problem but im not sure because it sounds like its not getting any type of power to it.
Old 05-06-2007, 06:23 PM
TECH Veteran

I think there's fuses forthe head lights under the hood in the fuse boxes. Maybe not, but I think I remember a couple labeled "HDL".

Old 05-06-2007, 06:50 PM
Teching In

Yeah the one i checked was LH HDLP but i dont know if thats the right one and the fuse was fine.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by jclaassen2
Yeah the one i checked was LH HDLP but i dont know if thats the right one and the fuse was fine.
Raise the headlight up by hand using the crank and see if the light will come on. Maybe you just have a failed electric motor.

Old 05-06-2007, 07:48 PM
Teching In

Yeah im pretty sure its an electrical problem because earlier i could see the light was on but the lamp wouldnt raise and i just raise the lamp by hand and played with the connector going into the back of the motor and now the light wont work but the lamp will raise and lower. So ill probably just clean the connector out and put some electrode grease in there. Thanks for your help Quickin.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:34 PM
Launching!

you ever figure this out, mine just stopped going up too, first i could keep trying and my drivers side would eventualyl go up, now it doesnt, i can see inside the light goes on for sure, and its making no noise, did you solve urs?