General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Windshield Wiper issue *highly embarassing while driving*

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 12:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield Wiper issue *highly embarassing while driving*

So.... I just get my car back from cartek last weekend after having the entire motor rebuilt. I'm feelin' pretty good, the weather outside was like 70 degrees, not a cloud in the sky today. So during lunch at work, i decided to take my car to the wash. The car gets washed, i take the top off, and i was going to go for a cruise. However, after about 3 minutes of driving.... the windshield wiper flicks on. Just one swipe.. then... it does it agian... i continue to drive, and it was as if i had my wipers on slow.... so i pull over, and it immediately stops. I was thinking to myself "that's odd" so i start to go again.... and then it goes on again, then i pull over and it stops. So i decide to head back to work and look at this in the parking lot, but then the wipers go on and i couldn't get them to cut off... even when stopped. Here are some of the things I tried.

1.) If i move the wiper position to a faster setting, it does affect the speed and make the wipers go faster.

2.) The spray feature does work.

3.) I have tried turning the car off and letting it sit for a minute.

4.) Even in the wiper off position, the wipers never completely go to the full resting spot.

5.) I took out the fuse... started the car... (obviously they weren't moving) then i put a new fuse in...

6.) Now i can't turn my car on without the wipers having a field day on my windshield so i have to keep the fuse out

HELP
Old 05-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Launching!

I noticed that sometimes when it would try to cut off now, the motor will make kind of a grinding noise... please help
Old 05-07-2007, 03:16 PM
Staging Lane

I had an old car that did this. There is a short in the pcb that controls the motor. The pcb is there for the intermittent feature. Replace the motor (it comes with a new pcb).
Old 05-07-2007, 03:29 PM
Launching!

Son of a bitch, i just dropped my lest penny on the engine rebuild. Thanks for the help.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:40 PM
Teching In

Just for sh_ts and giggles, try unplugging the washer fluid pump and see if you have normal operation of the wipers. If they work properly its probably the wiper switch in the column. I just fixed a wiper problem w/ my camaro similar to this. I don't know the wiper schematic for the corvette. If it's still hosed, then I don't know what the problem might be, but it's worth a try

Chris