General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Help please!My window

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 01:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Help please!My window

So I put a new window motor in 2 months ago on my driver side worked fine and dandy I put the window down today went fine but now it will not go up I push the power window switch and nothing not even a sound can someone help me out here please before it rains.Is it possible my new motor went in 2 months.Thanks guys
Old 05-11-2007, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Double check the connection to the switch underneath the plate. Mine has come loose before.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Im assuming you checked your passenger window and it is working fine so your fuse is good. next step ya need to do is check for power in and out of the drivers side window switch.If that is good you will need to remove the door panel to check the connector at the motor for a good connection and for power at the connector.It is possible that the motor went bad but you should check everything else in the circuit first.might just be something simple
Old 05-11-2007, 03:07 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by EDS01SS
Im assuming you checked your passenger window and it is working fine so your fuse is good. next step ya need to do is check for power in and out of the drivers side window switch.If that is good you will need to remove the door panel to check the connector at the motor for a good connection and for power at the connector.It is possible that the motor went bad but you should check everything else in the circuit first.might just be something simple
How do I check for power for the in and out from the switch?
Old 05-13-2007, 06:32 AM
11 Second Club

I checked the connection at the switch it's tight and when I put the passenger window down and push driver side at the same time the passenger side slows because both switches are being pushed so I know it's not the switch what else could it be someone help me please it's gonna rain soon.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:29 PM
11 Second Club

OK I took the motor out it works fine going up but going down it makes a grinding sound as the window goes down and if it goes down all the way it gets stuck and will not go back up,so I took it out again and held the gear on the motor with my hand and hit the down switch same sound so I guess the motor is weakin the going in the down position sound right.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:34 AM
11 Second Club

Someone?
Old 05-15-2007, 10:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 02BEAST
OK I took the motor out it works fine going up but going down it makes a grinding sound as the window goes down and if it goes down all the way it gets stuck and will not go back up,so I took it out again and held the gear on the motor with my hand and hit the down switch same sound so I guess the motor is weakin the going in the down position sound right.

It sounds like you have found the problem. However, above you said it flat would not move anymore. If you put another motor in and it still is not working then I would say its your express down module.

Its located under the drivers side of the dash just above the hump. It has a big plug with 6 wires going to it.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by gnomee
It sounds like you have found the problem. However, above you said it flat would not move anymore. If you put another motor in and it still is not working then I would say its your express down module.

Its located under the drivers side of the dash just above the hump. It has a big plug with 6 wires going to it.
Now I'm confused don,t know which one needs to be replaced.How do I go about replacing the express down module if it is that?
Old 05-18-2007, 10:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02BEAST
Now I'm confused don,t know which one needs to be replaced.How do I go about replacing the express down module if it is that?
Anyone?
Old 05-18-2007, 05:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm not sure what you are asking for. Did replacing the motor again not fix the problem?

If not my above description of the module and where it is , is the best I can do. Its a black box with a fat plug and it is under the driverside dash towards the hump against the firewall. I'm pretty sure it says xxx module on it.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Help please!My window