General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

weird driver side window problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 11:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird driver side window problem

so i replaced my window motor last fall right before the lower spag gear went out in tranny. parked the car and tore the tranny out and put everything i want into the car. Put all back together two weeks ago and went to start it and battery dead, ok no big problem. hook battery charger up and turn it on and bam the driver side window went down and you could hear the head light motors going crazy to. i hurry up and turn off charger and take battery out and charge it that way. put it back in and started car. drivers window wont work now. dang blew up another window motor (i thought) take it to a dealer ship and tell them the story and they get the window up for me and say the switch is bad. its on back order. went to a car show saturday and want me t-tops out and windows down. I barrow my buddy 02 firehawk switch and plug it in and turn the key on and the window goes down without touching the switch now i went and talk to the dealer about it and all they did was scratch there head. anyone ever have this problem? this is a new one for me.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:23 AM
On The Tree

Is there ANY chance that you hooked up the charger leads backwards? Your problem sounds like a bad power window control module and switch. The module basically takes the signal from the power window switch and controls the window motor. Good luck.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:21 AM
On The Tree

charger was hooked up right. I know the motor and switch is good. Wheres this module located at so i can test it/replace it.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:15 PM
On The Tree

The attatchment is a service manual drawing of where the module is located. It is behind the radio above the tranny hump. The picture has numbers on it.
1.Dash mat.
2.Floor tunnel.
3.Power Window Control Module.
It rests in that little box. They show it pulled out for clarity.
It has four wires for its connector. One dark blue, two brown, and one gray wire. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails weird driver side window problem-window-module.gif