General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car died on me (HELP)

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 03:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car died on me (HELP)

Dont know what section to put this in. I just have bolt-ons so thats why i put it in this section.

Car has LT's, ORY, LS6 intake, P&P TB, Cat-back, Deleted EGR/AIR, and has been Dyno tuned

I went to a classic car show. I go to start my car up to leave and it starts just fine but smelled different than normal. I have no cat's so you can smell the exhaust a lot. Anyways about 2 miles from the parking lot im shifting into 4th just cruising, as soon as i shift to 4th the car starts to bog out like it's being flooded. I give it a little more gas and gets worse, so i left of the gas pushed in the clutch and the car dies. Only light on is check gauges. The whole time this was happening the oil ps1 was at 45, temp was right at 180-190, volts were at 13-14 till it died. So i pull over, put it in first, take out the keys, then put them back in and start it up, no problems since.
For a while it seems like the car has been losing power down low, like it takes a while to climb up in RPM's but once it hits 4500 it takes off.
Any ideas?
Old 07-12-2007, 05:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

check the o2's, plugs, the basics first.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:29 PM
10 Second Club

You could have an injector that is sticking open and flooding the engine. check the plugs and see if they smell like gas.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:07 PM
Launching!

check your fuel filter too.