General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Vibration question

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 11:10 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vibration question

OK, I have a "heavy" vibration under power that I was looking for an answer too. My Car is a 95Z. Motor is a Blue printed and balanced 355 with FI. Brand new Spec 3 and resurfaced and balanced flywheel , balanced Ls1 Alum d/s. suspension is tubular Lca's with relocation brackets, subframes, 1 inch drop, poly trans mount, stock tq arm and panhard.. Car runs and drives great (spec chatters... as usual) however , when the boost comes in and starts making power , i get a heavy vibration from the drivetrain..Its feels like a rear issue , which is a 10 bolt with 4:10's.. The rear is showing signs of seepage from the tubes and pinion seal.

My question is , have you felt this because i havent. Is the geometry getting changed under full power and causing this vibration? Is the pinion angle changing drastically? Its scarey going through the traps...

The weak link in my set up is the 10 bolt which is getting swapped (9 inch) when it frags. Do you guys think this is causing the vibes, and should i swap it now or just keep going with it?

This is just an odd vibe that has no set Rpm and is only under real power. I am debating whether i should run the car or swap the rear now.

Thanks in advance..

Will

Last edited by thirdgen327; 09-15-2007 at 11:14 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-16-2007, 10:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could be the rearend.. or could be lowered car with the stock torque arm. the pinion angle could be off causing the vibration.