General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Massivly huge problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 09:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Massivly huge problem

Alright this is probly gonna be long so bare with me, spelling and grammer probly woulnt be to great eather and any help is greatly apprciated.

To start off my car had been running like **** for the last 2 months till I went to get it tuned and found all my plugs were bad(to much anti sieze) so fixed that got a tune since I did longtubes and ran like a dream till death by popeyes but read on.
Alright I got the Fast toys ram air put on right before it rained for a straight week here in florida. so im driving to school and figure ill stop for lunch and BAM a lake is in the parking lot so I try to carefully navigate through it my car as some extreamly low springs I think sportlines but previouse owner did the lowering. so I get parked away from the Lake popeyes calls a parking lot and it seemed fine so I eat and am headed to school and car starts jerking acting really funny almost felt like it was slipping when I would push teh gas nothing would really happen and then it would kick in intermittly. then it stopped in like 5min so I figured I got water on my O2s (which are 2 weeks old btw). Well then it was doing the same thing it did before I found my shitty plugs and a SES light came on code P0151 O2 sensor Circuit low volts (bank 1 sensor1) and then the same code was pending along with P1153(Manfacurer Contrl. Fuel Air Metering) which gear chatter says is something else so Idk but it is gone now(maybe Mass Air meter got wet no clue) this was all on monday. So yesterday I pull my 2 week old O2's out to see what is up and bam It is BLACK carbon is caked on the passenger side one which I guess is bank 2,the driver wasnt so bad took it to advanced to try to return them cause obviously there faulty but no they dont take them back. so I cleaned them up and put them back in and the code now says bank 1 is bad I must have switched them. So today at class I check my plugs see how there looking there only 1 1/2 weeks old and there Black and there is oil at the base of 2 of them 2nd and 3rd one back on the drivers side (I havnt checked any other so Idk about them) so my teacher has a scan tool and we look it up and it wouldnt give me a fuel trim short or long term. I forget what the MAss air was reading at Idel but I wanna say somewhere around 8-9 hundred (what ever it read particles per milisecound). Now Im at a loss why im running so rich with all these problems what could be it could my mass have gotten wet and be sending a faulty signal could water have got in my cylenders and and get through my rings? Should I start throwing parts at it Like a set of plugs 2 new O2s and a MAss air sensor and change the oil to check for water(oil is around a month old used royal purple if that matters).

Alright sorry for the Novel but if Anyone has any sugestions Im about ready to slam this Z28 into a tree. is there anything I didnt mention that may be something to atleast look at like map or TPS sensor and how do I tell if its bad.

THANKS in advance
Lost backyard mechanic, Jim
Old 10-10-2007, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Wow. I think that the problem doesn't have to do with the water that day. Black carbon deposits, oil on plugs, wouldn't be triggered by a little water on things. MAF is so high on the engine and not really affected by water unless it's sucked right in the intake. Do you have a under-filter box cold air intake like the SLP that picks up air down low from in front of the air dam? That still wouldn't explain oil on plugs. You said you changed your plugs because they were fouled by too much anti-seize. That probably wasn't the problem and the same thing is still going on. Look back to the original plug fouling problem. Maybe the tune is all f-up? The water is a false alarm. My advice, good luck.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awsome I just noticed that there is a post like this practicly every other post so I guess Ill get new plug wires maybe a diffrent brands From MSD and new plugs the [I]corvett[I] o2 sensors, clean my IAC sensor and my throttle body and maybe get a new maf and see if I throw a bunch of parts its runnin good. It isnt really a tune I talked to my tuner he said he didnt change much about fuel just alittle spark. Probly have to be after a pay day or 2. I do have a under filter box it is the Fast toys Ram air maybe.