General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Weird sounding belt/ spark plug changing

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 11:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Weird sounding belt/ spark plug changing

I know that the main belt need changing but i noticed theres a second belt behind the main one that is making the noise. Im guessing its the timing belt maybe? Does it have that? If so whatever it is it needs changing. How hard is it to change that? Do i need to take the front belt off to get to it or what? Im kinda lost as to how to get to it.

Would it be easier to change the plugs the old fashion way by doing it from under the hood or from underneath. I have a lift at my grandpas that is at my disposal should i do it that way or what? The whole ls1 half way under the cowl is new to me.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:07 PM
Teching In

bump.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:31 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSOZ28
I know that the main belt need changing but i noticed theres a second belt behind the main one that is making the noise. Im guessing its the timing belt maybe? Does it have that? If so whatever it is it needs changing. How hard is it to change that? Do i need to take the front belt off to get to it or what? Im kinda lost as to how to get to it.

Would it be easier to change the plugs the old fashion way by doing it from under the hood or from underneath. I have a lift at my grandpas that is at my disposal should i do it that way or what? The whole ls1 half way under the cowl is new to me.

Any help would be appreciated.
The little belt behind the main is your A/C belt. It is easy to change. Yes you do have to take off the main belt to get to the small one.