General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

I think my boss killed my car

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 12:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I think my boss killed my car

Big question will a converter kill your motor. About 2and a half weeks ago my cars trans overheated and blew pass the front seal I knew what happend I've been working in transmission shops for about 5 or 6 years now, my gauge pegged out past 250 wasen't even playin hard. On my way to shut it off it started to blow pass the front seal (tranny fluid). Noticed that it wouldn't go into lock up that's why it overheated. Got it back to the shop and the next day pulled it out pan had fine metal in it, every thing in the unit was fine looked like stock stuff though so every one said converter. O.K. Im running a MS3 cam with a ss4000yank my power band is from 2300-6800, yank said since I bought the car with it in there no warranty 275 just to cut it open I had the car not even 30 days had yet made a payment, never ran the trans temp over 200 I havent held it to the floor for more than 2 seconds. So my boss says he'll fix it I explain that i need a performance converter 2800to3600 he says o.k. he said he got a dacco 2800 i said good I look at it its a 12 incher ? i said again 2800 we need to check they asured me a 28 is what i had. I know that high stalls come in 10 inches. But I put it in and it was like hell i put it in gear bang didnt fell like a stall at all. after 2 days of driving it, it wouldnt stay running in gear so I held about 2300 rpm and tryed to get it home (brake,gas method) about a mile kept cutting off when I was trying to leave so I held it 3600 about 3 or 4 secs came of noticed oil press flux and then came a slight knock I think it came from brake gassing trying to leave, hopped over sand hills and stuff but i got home within 5 mins. this is killing me I wanted this car, dream about it for 4 years and finally got one how i wanted it and this happends.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im not an expert by far on trannys but i imagine if you put a 2800 stall in a car with an MS3 im sure it def not gonna perform too well for you. small stall for a cam such as an MS3. I would def try a larger stall and see where that gets you