General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

throwing o2 codes, replaced o2's, now what?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 03:03 PM
SSU, come over and relax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default throwing o2 codes, replaced o2's, now what?

ok so i was throwing these codes...

P0135 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 1
P0153 O2 Sensor Slow Response Bank 2 Sensor
P0155 O2 Sensor Heater Circ Bank 2 Sensor1

and so i replaced my o2's and the SES light is still on. is there a certain amount of time i need to have the car run before it resets the PCM and will turn the light off? is there a way that i can accelerate this? i need to get it inspected today so if there was anyway to get the light off that would be great.

thanks

Luke
Old 12-17-2007, 04:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Since you're getting it inspected today only thing I can think of is trying a couple GM drive cycles - www.obdii.com/drivecycle.html Assuming it's a code read type inspection, so don't reset the PCM manually or it'll reset all the readiness tests too. Don't know if stopping by autozone and having them cleared will affect the inspection - maybe someone will chime in, or ask in the PCM section.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you did fix it after about 3 times the light should go out. but it does not clear the code till about 80warm up cycles because its still stored. and yes do not delete them because you will clear the readness monitors. which then it will fail for that. but if you are just getting inspection thats not a problem as long as you are not getting emissions.