General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

quick question bout the window motor

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 05:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick question bout the window motor

i went on vacation and my window (drivers side) worked fine and when i got back it would go down.. when i hit the button there is a loud noise... just wondering if the motor is the problem or its something else?
Old 12-29-2007, 05:02 PM
Launching!

That could be a variety of things. I'd suspect a bad regulator before a bad motor. My experience has been that motors just die and don't make any nasty sounds. Regulators make nasty sounds when they die.

I would take the door apart and observe the window going up and down to see where the sound is coming from. It could be as simple as a loose bolt.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:17 PM
Staging Lane

my drivers side window has been acting up for about a month or so also. It will only roll down about an inch at a time and then it stops, if i wait about 5 minutes it will roll up anout a inch or so again.....its really annoying.....no weird sounds tho. It just only works in a bout a 1 or 2 inch incriment at a time. any one else have an idea what this is?
Old 12-29-2007, 11:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

that happened to me and I had to replace the motor because of a short or something making the motor over heat extremely quick, then itd cool down and it would do the same thing. Id say take the door apart and see whats making the noise or if its getting hot, also depending on the dealor, you can buy the motor, put it in and see if it fixes it and then if it doesnt just clean it up and take it back...might have to tell them you never installed it though...not that Ive done that before