General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

360 degree electrode sparkplugs i.e. Torquemaster and Halo. Are they any good??

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 08:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 360 degree electrode sparkplugs i.e. Torquemaster and Halo. Are they any good??

Has anyboby out these has used any of these 360 degree electrode plugs like the Torquemaster and the Halo???

Are they any good??

If they are, how does their performance compare to the other trick plugs like platinum and iridium????
Old 01-05-2008, 12:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by B'klyn9C1
Has anyboby out these has used any of these 360 degree electrode plugs like the Torquemaster and the Halo???

Are they any good??

If they are, how does their performance compare to the other trick plugs like platinum and iridium????
i personally wouldn't waste my money, those plugs in my opinion are a gimmick. i know the simulations on the websites look impressive but think about this, electricity is always looking for the path of least resistance. When you stick these plugs in an actual engine carbon will deposit on the parts of the plug that dont see regular sparks, therefore raising the resistance. What you eventually get is a spark that travels from the electrode to a single point which is no different than having a regular spark plug that we're used to seeing.

the idea of a spark plug is to have several concentrated (hot) sparks to ignite the fuel, not a bunch is crappy (cooler) sparks jumping from the electrode to several different spots, which in turn will cause those spots to foul and eventually only having one spark
Old 01-05-2008, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they are not a good idea.. they shroud the spark more than anything else. in fact the position of the electrode is soo important there are guys that index the plugs and use small shims to set the electrode so the incoming fuel/air charge is open to the spark cleanly without the electrode being in the path.

Quick Reply: 360 degree electrode sparkplugs i.e. Torquemaster and Halo. Are they any good??