General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Looking for his part number, wire harness clip

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 05:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for his part number, wire harness clip

These are used on the wire harnesses running along the back side of the dual fans, in the front end by the radiator.

These retainers lock the harness to the fan shroud. There are 2 sizes.
They break apart pretty easy.

My GM dealer can not find the part in thier computer.
Attached Thumbnails Looking for his part number, wire harness clip-dcp09162.jpg  
Old 01-18-2008, 09:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did the GM dude type in push mount cord clip or cord clip with push mount? I would have no idea of the actual part number from GM, but I know that Micro Plastics carries a nice selection. Not sure if you can get just a couple. If you can't locate an OEM, perhaps you can find something that will work better, like a fin clip releasing clamp.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have no idea on what he searched on, I've had them look up other parts in the past without many problems, but this one is a problem to find.

I know IU can easily use something else, even Black zip lock straps....but, I thought it would be easy and cheap enough to simply buy the OEM clip.

But I guess its not that easy afterall.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:48 AM
Teching In

Ahhhh, yes, and there is the paradox of it all, my friend. NOTHING is ever that easy.

I usually rig when all else fails. I have become quite the master rigger over the years. If I happen to stumble across a PN, I'll post it up. (Edit add below)

Page 30 - X-ref part number in table based on the ID/OD of whatcha' got.
http://www.autoline.se/Catalogues/Im...%20483-564.pdf

Good luck.

Last edited by Jenns01TA; 01-19-2008 at 12:31 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:38 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

The part is also commonly called a "Rosebud Clip." It looks to me like its a common thing you can find at places that deal specifically in corrugated conduit.

In addition to the source in the last post, Waytek, Inc. and other dealers who deal in truck/trailer parts carry them.

If you are still interested in finding the official GM part number, it can still be had. It just takes a little work...

Delphi has an extensive catalog of all the electrical connectors, terminals, etc. they have ever made and even have engineering drawings with dimensions that you can use to match up your part. If you go to http://connectors2.delphi.com/dcsgdmcs/homepage.aspx and do a key word search for "Rosebud Clip," you'll get a whole listing of them. You can then go through the list and pull up the part drawings to match everything up.

The Delphi part numbers match the GM part numbers, so you can give the dealer a try armed with the new information. If the dealer still can't get them for you, let me know and I can point you to some companies that can.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Very cool guys, thanks! I think I found the part numbers:

8917320 Large One, type 1, 3/4" ID 1" OD
8911472 Small One, type 1, 1/2" ID 11/16" OD

Most of these GM part numbers did not come up online, at like gmpartsdir or such. But I found a few fasteners type places online. Both of these come in a package of 25, $6.99 per pack. So yeah, I ordered a pack of each.
Old 01-20-2008, 04:17 PM
Teching In

Good deal Michael. Happy clipping! Now you should have plenty of the little bastards laying around the garage for the future.

~Jenn~

Quick Reply: Looking for his part number, wire harness clip