General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

opti question

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opti question

sorry for the newbie question, but i have a 94 z28 and my opti is bad and i cant get it out, do i have to remove the crank pulley or can i wiggle the cap out than the rotor than the opti? and if i need to pull the crank pulley, how do i do that, gotta get this car running in 2 days and i have been trying to wiggle it out for the past 2 days
Old 01-19-2008, 08:23 PM
Staging Lane

might wanna move this to the LT1/LT4 specific forum.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:01 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by laz3_cr3ig
sorry for the newbie question, but i have a 94 z28 and my opti is bad and i cant get it out, do i have to remove the crank pulley or can i wiggle the cap out than the rotor than the opti? and if i need to pull the crank pulley, how do i do that, gotta get this car running in 2 days and i have been trying to wiggle it out for the past 2 days
Hm.

Yeah if you take off the water pump and the crap around it, including the smog pump (if you still have one) and that stuff, you will need to take the hub off. It is two piece, so you take off the three outside bolts and leave the center bolt on, and pull the hub. Since you live in Seattle I can guarantee it will be rusted together, so you will likely need a hammer or a strong midget to get the hub off. But when you do get the hub off, the opti will come out.

Good luck.