General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Need some help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help!

I have a 94 Camaro and I think the head gaskets are on their way out. My engine is extremely hot and I'm not going to drive it again until the problem is fixed because I dont want to damage it.

My car was low on coolant and was running pretty hot.. So I added some more coolant a few days ago. This fixed the problem for a day or so, Then, today, while i'm driving, I notice that once again, my engine was extremely hot!

Could this be because of the head gaskets on their way out? The car has 94,XXX miles on it, and i'm pretty sure they havent ever been changed by any of the previous owners.

If thats not it, What could this be then? The water pump is working properly because when I added the coolant, It was flowing into properly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks,
Mike
Old 01-20-2008, 12:04 AM
Staging Lane

check the oil dipstick and see if it looks watery. maybe a thermostat?
Old 01-20-2008, 02:42 AM
TECH Addict

It could be a head gasket or you could be losing it elsewhere (like the radiator leaking). Or then again it could be air in the system. Check the oil first for signs of coolant in there. If you don't find anything in the oil then start checking the radiator real good for leaks and if you're sure that's not the problem then you may wanna try bleeding the system.