General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Zing noise need help

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 09:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zing noise need help

I just started to hear this zing noise early this week. I think its might be from the cold or sumthing but its mad annoying. Anyways whenever I touch the throttle I hear like a zing or winding noise and it does it through all the gears. Its coming from the rear of my car so I think it might be a fuel issue like a filter or sumthing but I got no clue. I let my car warm up too like 5-10min before I head to work but it still does it.

I also have been having the coolant light come on when Im warming up the car. My level is fine but could it just be from the cold? Right after I've shut off the car then turned it back on the light is gone...
Thanks for the help
Old 02-11-2008, 09:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmmm you are reminding me of a sound an old set of richmond gears used to make in my older camaro. gear whine... though I'd only get it if I was accelerating or decelerating. I had it though because I was new to setting up gears, it lasted 150K miles though and plenty of track runs before I blew up that set.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh yeah if you only got it recently, check the fluid levels in your rear end, if it's been awhile since it's been changed, an inspection is in order. If you can pinpoint it to a particular side then it may be bearings...
Old 02-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

O yea didnt even think about my rear fluid, thanks man.