General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Window question

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 11:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Window question

alright well my passenger side window is fine... but im worried about my drivers side... when it is rolled all the way down and i go to roll it up it makes a loud noise... kinda like a popping noise, but not really... and it seems like the speed is fine till it gets like 1/8th an inch to the top, like where it just starts to touch the weatherstripping, and then i have to open the door and roll it the rest of the way up... is that a window motor slowly going out, or do i have other problems?
it almost sounds like the gear is like not bolted down at the start, but considering its riveted in i think that takes that out of the equation... but it almost seems like it operates smoothly still and doesn't start running out of juice or anything like that
Old 04-17-2008, 06:39 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

The pop is most likely due to your regulator or motor being loose. Check to make sure they are both riveted or bolted securely and that issue should go away.

The last 1/8 inch is probably due to the motor having a hard time. If your motor or regulator is loose, that could be the cause. Or, the motor may be going bad.