General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

SES light question

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 11:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question SES light question

ok a while back when i first got the code, it was throwing a code for an 02 sensor and is why the SES light came on a year or so ago, i never really payed it any attention because the light went away, but the other day it popped back up saying the same thing, that the 02 sensor bank 1 sensor 2 ckt no activity, what does that mean, that i have a bad O2 sensor before the cat? my cars stock with just a cat back, (stock lid and everything engine wise)

also i'll be installing lt's an ory and ls6 intake on saturday, i have 2 brand new 13111 rear corvette O2 sensors, to use on the headers,, should this eliminate the code if one of my original front 02's are bad?
Old 06-05-2008, 11:55 PM
Banned

Bank one is the drivers side, sensor two is the one after the cat.
If you put an ORY on there you're going to have that code and a bunch of others until you get them tuned out.

The new sensors for the front will be fine but they're not going to solve any problems you're having now.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:31 AM
TECH Regular

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

^^ he nailed it. Your cats are going away so you won't need to mess with it and it isn't really causing any other problems then being really f'ing annoying.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Launching!

oh ok, well i bought my car with around 86,xxx miles, and it was bone stock, from PA, so how messed up do you think my cats are right now? and another random question... how does a catch can work and is it expensive?
Old 06-07-2008, 11:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

No way to really tell without pulling them off. If there is a rattle in the car or it is short on power they may have broken internals but probably not. Rear O2's just see if the after cat air is within a certain range so it could be that they are not burning the way they should (but if they still flow who cares?).

The catch can is a better solution to our PCV valve issues. Oil likes to leak into the intake and TB through the PCV creating oil consumption. Catch can will seperate the oil and air so you don't get the oil in the intake just drain it occasionally. I don't have consumption issues so I'm holding off on it, normally you don't need one till you make serious power. If you have the issue or just want to get it out of the way, hows $50 sound? https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-products-showcase/856344-1-quart-baffeled-catch-cans-49-95-a.html