General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

a/c problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 10:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default a/c problems

i put some r-134a in my car the other day cause it was low, it blew cold air so i figured that it was all good, well i went to drive the car today turned on the ac and it blew warm air again. i got home checked it found it was low again so i put more in but it didnt seem that it want to fill in the ac. anyone know what the problem is?
Old 06-09-2008, 10:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99nbmws6
i put some r-134a in my car the other day cause it was low, it blew cold air so i figured that it was all good, well i went to drive the car today turned on the ac and it blew warm air again. i got home checked it found it was low again so i put more in but it didnt seem that it want to fill in the ac. anyone know what the problem is?
Sounds like you might have a leak. If it's blowing warm don't keep running the A/C until fixed. Moisture will build in the system so you will need an evacuation and refill. First take it to someone to see if there is a leak and take it from there.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DRGnFLYZ28
Sounds like you might have a leak. If it's blowing warm don't keep running the A/C until fixed. Moisture will build in the system so you will need an evacuation and refill. First take it to someone to see if there is a leak and take it from there.
ok thanks i will do that
Old 06-10-2008, 02:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

see if you can find someone with a leak detector or you can check the lines an see if you find any deposits of oil built up, thats usually a good indicator of a leak, should have a yellowish or greenish tint to it.