General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Parking Light Swap

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 03:48 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Parking Light Swap

My TA driver's side parking light went out and I need to replace the bulb. I have a new one ready, but I'm not sure how to access the bulb compartment. Is it reacheable by hand with the car on the ground, or does it have to be lifted up?

By the way, is there another component that--if bad--could cause the constant burning of these bulbs?
Old 06-22-2008, 08:39 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Easyest way is a flap under the car by each end of the front bumper. It is held closed by 2 10mm headed bolts. You can do it with the car on the ground, but lifted is defenantly the easy way. As for killing bulbs, a lot of the cars have this problem. The connector and bulb face up and collect water and corrode the connector. Make sure the housings are not cracked AT ALL. Also make sure the bulb connector has the foam gasket on it and its in good shape. Try some dialectric grease on the connector when you replace the bulb too.
You can replace the bulb from the top if you pull the headlight bulb shroud and have small hands too. HTH
Old 06-24-2008, 06:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I managed to access the parking light, and it's working now. Thank you very much.

Looking at the socket, I saw a gooey substance built up high. Is this some kind of conductor treatment?

How much would it have cost to have this done at a shop?
Old 06-27-2008, 03:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you have an ls1 you can just squeeze your hand in the bottom vent under the parking light and twist out the bulb socket there and pull it out. Then you can reinstall the new bulb and twist it back in unless you have really big hands. lol