General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

What is this part called?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 02:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is this part called?

I have a 1996 Z28 Camaro and am trying to figure out what this green connector in the picture is called.

I smelled fuel in the cabin and traced it back to the fuel pump. The second line over is missing that connector. Needless to say I need the connector to hook it back up. A part number would be great but just a name would work. Would I be able to get this at a place like Autozone or is it some GM specific part?
Old 06-23-2008, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It'll be tough to just get the white plastic insert. However, it should be just about the same for any quick disconnect fitting. Not sure of the exact size for your car, though. Could be 3/8" for 5/16". So, I'd got to Autozone and ask them if they have any quick disconnect fuel fittings for 3/8" or 5/16" hard line and see if you can get a fitting with the inner piece for cheap. Best I can offer.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quick disconnect connector. If it is the same size as the fuel filter you are in luck as all fuel filters come with them. I have never investigated to see if the one from the fuel filter would fit though.