General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Is My Headlight Motor Dead?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 05:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Is My Headlight Motor Dead?!

Alrighty, well it all started off with the usual stripped gear problem. So I changed to the Brent Franker gear, and everything was going fine. Just recently, after installing my fog light HID kit, few days later it started the usual headlight up/down randomly when i lock unlock the car. Not always, just whenever it pleased. All of the sudden, my drivers side is just dead. The headlight wont come up at all, there isnt any noise, or anything. I had someone turn the headlights on and off while i examined the motor with the arm off. The little piece that sticks out that WOULD turn the arm, wasnt moving at all. So i took the gear out, and everything looked normal. Examined it again after turning the lights on, the little sprocket like thing inside the motor wasnt moving. Is my motor dead?
Old 06-30-2008, 06:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

k now im just confused. I took the gear out of the motor and disconnected the arm. Right now i have all the motor parts (except the motor itself) inside a bag in my car. I went out a minute ago and locked the car, and the lock/unlock "wink" has stopped. wtf? o_O

gah someone pls help lol
Old 07-02-2008, 05:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/headlightfix/index.htm if you have read this the wink goes away after you fix the motor. IT's stange