General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

has this happened to you?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 08:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default has this happened to you?

one night i was going to see my buddy before he shipped out to korea. i drove over some rough patch in the road (that i didnt know was there) i've hit bigger bumps before with no problem but w/e after the rough patch is done my cars got the low traction, abs inop, and i cant think of the other light now. so i played with my breaks hit the tcs button a couple of times the lights stayed. i popped it in neutral turned it off waited a couple of seconds, fired it back up and all back to normal no more lights. and they havent done it since. it's been about a month. ever happen to you? did it turn into something worse?
Old 07-29-2008, 08:32 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like your ABS sensor on that specific wheel that got jarred was temporarily disconnected, or knocked unconscious. I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chevrunner21
one night i was going to see my buddy before he shipped out to korea. i drove over some rough patch in the road (that i didnt know was there) i've hit bigger bumps before with no problem but w/e after the rough patch is done my cars got the low traction, abs inop, and i cant think of the other light now. so i played with my breaks hit the tcs button a couple of times the lights stayed. i popped it in neutral turned it off waited a couple of seconds, fired it back up and all back to normal no more lights. and they havent done it since. it's been about a month. ever happen to you? did it turn into something worse?
That's normal. When you ride over a rough patch one wheel may not be fully contacting the road at that second - so the system registers wheel slip, and trips the lights.