Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

difference in coolant lines

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 09:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default difference in coolant lines

Ok, I have a 98 LS1 that I'm building and I'm putting on a 78mm FAST intake. I've heard that I need to use LS6 coolant lines with this intake.

Not to sound like a douche, but what is the physical difference between the LS1 coolant lines and the LS6 coolant lines? Are the LS6 lines narrower or "squishier" so they fit better?
Old 10-16-2008, 08:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Default coolant lines

I'm not sure what a Douche sounds like ls1 lines have a line that connects the front to rear steam holes on a lS6 the rear two are plugged and not connected to either side. the front connects side to side and then T's to the coolant line to throttle body. some people use the LS1 line and grind the bottom of the intake to clear the line. I'm running the FAST too but ill run the LS6 setup - dont want to grind on bottom of $600+ intake - hope this helps - no question is stupid if you dont know. its actually ignorance - your welcome to joint the club- still learning here too
Old 10-17-2008, 08:34 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

You will need the LS6 coolant lines and plugs for the rear to get the FAST on there. The above description was correct, the LS6 lines do not run under the intake, and do not connect the rears to anything, they are simply blocked off.

If you need a quote on some LS6 coolant lines, let me know by PM or call and I'll get you a great price.

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 10-17-2008, 01:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah ok gotcha, thanks. Ok, so on an LS6 setup, if you block off the rear plugs, how does the rear get proper cooling, if the front and back lines aren't connected anymore like the LS1?