Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about ported throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 09:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question about ported throttle body

So I just installed my ported throttle body from Revxtreme today. For having next to no mechanical knowledge, it was very easy to do along with the throttle body coolant bypass mod.

The one thing I did notice when I got back into the car after I was done, was that there seems to be a little bit of "play" in the gas pedal now. I took the car home and compared the new throttle body to my stocker. It seems that the cam ( or the half moon shaped thing on the side of the throttle body) is just a wee bit smaller than the one on my original. Has anybody else noticed this?

I am not too worried about it, just curious more than anything. Other than that, I noticed an immediate increase in throttle response and the car seems to pull slightly harder off idle and through the midrange. It also looked brand new and never been used when I received it. Great product.

But like I said before, has anybody else noticed a slight difference in the feel of the gas pedal after putting a ported throttle body on?

Dan
Old 11-03-2008, 09:58 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

could be u ordered the tb for a 98-99 car that has the smaller cam on the tb. the 00-02 have a larger moon shaped cam, which explains your issue of extra play in the pedal, i think there is a adjustment for this in the lines tho, hopefully somebody can chime in on that
Old 11-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the quick reply.

Like I said, it is only a very little play, nothing dramatic or anything like that. One thing I noticed was the serial numbers on the blades of both throttle bodies are the same ( I do not know whether this means they are both off of a 01-02 camaro)

I just wanna make sure I am messing anything up by driving it like this.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:25 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you are not messing anything up as long as there is no binding or anything making the throttle stuck. or the throttle blade may not be opening all te way?
Old 11-04-2008, 06:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default Did you get the CNC ported TB?

Dan,

I've been looking for some feedback on RevExtreme's new CNC ported TB and it sounds like you're happy with yours. The pictures that were posted by Tracy several months ago looked great.

Trent
Old 11-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TrentSS
Dan,

I've been looking for some feedback on RevExtreme's new CNC ported TB and it sounds like you're happy with yours. The pictures that were posted by Tracy several months ago looked great.

Trent
Yes I am very happy with it, this sucker looks beautiful. I just need to figure out if there is a way to maybe shorten the throttle linkage cable that connects to the cam on the side of the throttle body, or if I can switch the cams?

But yeah overall, great product with very noticeable results. Well worth the money!
Old 11-05-2008, 06:36 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt Drags
Yes I am very happy with it, this sucker looks beautiful. I just need to figure out if there is a way to maybe shorten the throttle linkage cable that connects to the cam on the side of the throttle body, or if I can switch the cams?

But yeah overall, great product with very noticeable results. Well worth the money!

You can swap the cam assy....take the two screws out of the blade, open it and pull the blade out make sure to note the way it came out to reinstall the same, remove the tps, and with a hammer tap the shaft out being careful to catch the retainer ring for the shaft & note the position it is in to reassemble the same way. Pull the cam& shaft assy out, and replace with the one off your car and reassemble. Use a small deepwell socket to tap the retainer ring back in place on the shaft & your done.