Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock Pro-Flo XT Manifold?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Pathological Modifier

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Edelbrock Pro-Flo XT Manifold?

I was surfing Edelbrock's website and came across the new products pdf. Says that Edlebrock has a new EFI intake for us...

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...ewprod/4-6.pdf

Any Pictures? Cost estimates?
Old 11-06-2008, 05:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks almost like a cut off of GM's Ramjet manifold and a little like Holley's Stealth Ram intake, I often wondered how a manifold like this would perform on the LS series engines. I have ran Holleys on a 413sbc and made some real nice numbers. Edel should go 2 steps further and make it in plastic so our heat sink crowd wont bash the **** out of it and a removable plenum like the SR for porting. Also doesnt look like it has been relesed as of yet, The SBC version of the intake is about $450, probally 09 product. Would be intesting seeing some number though.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:04 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Interesting, not sure it would fit in our engine bay due to cowl clearance issues. I'm guessing it's for the people who swap ls series motors into other cars.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

I like the looks of that. I hope they designed it to fit under the f-bod cowl. How tall is the magnacharger that barely fits under the f-bod cowl anyway, taller than this manifold I hope?
Old 11-06-2008, 10:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

A friend of mine ran one with the 90 degree elbow and you will need taller hood to clear and you will have to do some cutting on the front of the cowl of the car to get the 90 degree elbow to clear and the same if you use a 4500 series four barrel throttle body...I like the way that they look but the configuration of the 4th gen cars make it a pain to run these kinds of intakes and throttle bodies.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slt200mph
A friend of mine ran one with the 90 degree elbow and you will need taller hood to clear and you will have to do some cutting on the front of the cowl of the car to get the 90 degree elbow to clear and the same if you use a 4500 series four barrel throttle body...I like the way that they look but the configuration of the 4th gen cars make it a pain to run these kinds of intakes and throttle bodies.
Check out the Pro-Flo XT #7139. It looks like a tunnel ram manifold, similar to the LT1/LT4 manifold.

Quick Reply: Edelbrock Pro-Flo XT Manifold?