Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake "Whistle"

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 11:10 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intake "Whistle"

Alright all of my fellow techs, I have a ?/problem! I always have had a little whistle from my 02'Z06 when I'm pulling within certain RPM's. At first, I thought nothing of it until I put on my Vortex Intake yesterday...At 2000-2800 RPM's if I flutter the pedel to acceleratew it whistles, loudly!!! It literally at times sounds like a Turbo spooling up or a SC. If someone tells me it's normal great!, If not, is anyone aware of this or have a fix??? Thanks in advance...
Old 09-18-2003, 11:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: Intake

I havent heard a stock car doing it, but i do know that ceratain intakes systems like the FIPK from kn do make a whistling sound. In my opinion it is awesome, makes peoples heads turn to the head and wonder. Thats the only reason im getting the FIPK, for the whistle.
Old 09-18-2003, 12:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Intake

It was my understanding that the reason for those baffles on the stock airlid was to prevent exactly that. Since the aftermarket lids and the FIPK don't have those baffles, you can get a whistling noise.