Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SES Light after mods/non catted y pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 09:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default SES Light after mods/non catted y pipe?

Do most of you have a light some are all of the time? After header, catted y pipe, both kooks, and slp cat back install, my light comes on, so after a few days of trying diff things, i went to dealer, there answer is my fuel filter is clogged, how all of a sudden my filter is clogged ,after all the work i just did, they are telling me the light wont go out cause it caused damage to the honeycomb inside,what if it was non catted y pipe, you guys flashing codes with those? they didnt even know it was an aftmkt exhaust,one of the first things he said is your cats are now messed up but they are warrentied
Old 11-07-2008, 09:06 AM
TECH Addict

lol.

Stop taking the car to a dealer. Get thee to your local tuner and allow him/her to remove the codes for you, they won't come back. No the cats most likely aren't bad.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah i know dealers suck, i really thought i had a bad wire or coil, which is still warrientied on my car, sooo i would let them do all the work
Old 11-07-2008, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why didnt you just use a scanner to see what codes were being thrown. (Autozone) that way you can see what the problem is before wasting your time at a dealership. JMO
Old 11-10-2008, 08:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

instead of autozone I went down to the closest garage that happened to be a Monroe and asked them to read the code. They said not a problem. Plus the guy told me what the code meant and what to buy.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

auto zone said my 02 sensor was bad so i replaced the one that happend to be new, it was a little diff, had holes in it instead of slits