Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

installed air lid getting a ses light?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 08:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installed air lid getting a ses light?

I installed a air lid on my 2000 camaro ss and ever since i did it has idiling real rough about 2-300 rpms and my ses light comes on? The tube that was on the stock air box is now just hanging there i don't know if that has something to do with it or what. What am i supposed to do with the hose from the stock air box??? Any help will be appericiated thanks
Old 09-18-2003, 09:34 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: installed air lid getting a ses light?

The tube is the AIR system intake. It's fine to have it hanging (but with the small push in filter that should have come with your air lid kit. This will not cause the SES light.

Do you have the Intake Air Temperature sensor (IAT) plugged in? That's the small sensor that plugs into the driver side of the air lid, close to the Mass Air Flow sensor (MAF).

Do you have the MAF plugged in?

Finally, it may be coincidental but....
The o-ring on the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) tube, where it goes into the intake manifold, may not be properly seated. This creats a vacuum leak that the system picks up. Do you hear a hissing or whistling near the intake manifold? If so.... remove the 10mm bolt securing the tube into the manifold ... gently pull the tube up out of the manifold .... check the o-ring. Lightly lubricate the o-ring and reseat it and install the EGR tube.

Good luck,
Gordon
www.provenperformanceconcepts.com