Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Broken PCV...

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 05:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken PCV...

my PCV is broken, and I want a used pcv system for my 98 LS1, I've talked to someone here who has is, but suddenly he stopped replying to me... so what I need now is to know if what Im doing is right...

as you probably know (98 ls1 owners) we have 2 hoses going out of the throttle body, with one hose going through a valve to the 2 elbows on the back of each head... and we have one that is going to the front of the passenger head on the lonely elbow... what I did now, cause my pcv is broken from the driver head side, and PCV side, I hooked the throttle body to itself, so I would stop causing a vaccum leak... any effects of doing that? and what options do I have for now so I can make the car run untill I can buy a PCV system...?!

Thanks
Old 12-06-2008, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the valve itself broken or the tubing?Either way id just build one myself, thats what i did. There is a right up on here, real good one. And a new PCV is expensive from a dealership. JMO
Old 12-06-2008, 07:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah ofcourse the tubing is torn off and all that, nothing happened to the PCV valve please link me to the DIY PCV system thingi... cause Im fed up, the dealership here qouted me 120$ on an engine dipstick, so I won't even go close to them asking for a PCV system qoute lol... please link me to the DYI pcv...

Thanks
Old 12-07-2008, 01:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 73 Likes on 61 Posts

This is how I did mine..

Drivers side: Vacuum Line coming off of Intake to PCV Valve in the back of the Valve Cover.

Passengers side: Vacuum Line coming off of the Intake and goes to a Venting Oil Cap that I made.

There is always a constant Vacuum in the Engine, and if it builds up alot of pressure, the PCV Valve will open up and allow that side to pull as well.